Friday, January 6, 2012

'Cause I'm Leaving on a Jetplane. . .

Yesterday (Friday) was my day to post.  I apologize that I did not.  Since I've been at home, I have been trying to see all of my family and good friends. . . after a week of careful scheduling and mere coincidences, I did get to see almost everyone.  (Sorry to those who I was unable to see- I'll try really hard next time!)

You probably don't want a laundry list of the things/places I did/went, so I'll give you highlights (in no particular order):

1. Had a sleepover with my nieces! (Thank goodness for skype, so at least I can see them when I'm far away.)
2. Saw 2 movies!! "War Horse" is a good story, but not really great, and "We Bought a Zoo" was great! I highly recommend it! After I finish writing this, I will see "Breaking Dawn" with my mom . . . yes, we both enjoy Twilight.
3. Had Dunkin' Donuts and Portillo's! Chicago is a great city!
4. Celebrated my Grandma's 90th birthday!! Gram doesn't look or act 90 either! One of my cousin's (Susie's) favorite stories is when she was with Gram a few years ago at the grocery store and my Grandma got hit on by a 70 year old! Still got it Gram!

I am so grateful to be in Chicago, but I can't wait to return to Sacramento!  I haven't seen most of my casa-mates in over 3 weeks, and I miss them dearly!  I can't wait to get back to work with a rejuvenated spirit, refreshed from my wonderful time at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment