Monday, May 21, 2012

Oops! I did it again! (Forgot to write!!)

Hello readers! sorry for the long delay. . . I've been in Chicago for the past 2 Fridays!! 

It's not Friday today, but I think I owed you an explanation and update.

So let's start from the very beginning, it's a very good place to start.  Sunday, May 6th, til Wednesday, May 9th, I was gone on silent retreat.  IT WAS WONDERFUL!! I cannot emphasize enough how helpful, calming, and just plain awesome it was to be silent! (Though I will admit, I broke my silence [accidentally] when I said, "Excuse me.")  Though I didn't get much direction as to where I'll go next, I definitely got a direction. 

The next day, was off to work again and regular community life.

Then, after half a day of work on Friday, I was off on a plane to Chicago!!  I got in late that night, and the next morning was off to Holy Name Cathedral to see my BFF, Matt, get ordained a Chicago Archdiocesan priest! 

The next day (Sunday) was Mother's day. I got to wear a new dress my mommy bought me, see my mother, both grandmas, and my sisters, along with a plethora of other family members!!  Great day!

Monday and Tuesday were both lazy days, but I got to have lunch with FATHER Matt and dinner with my cousin Stephanie.

Wednesday was a day full of Grandmas, which was absolutely perfect!!

Thursday night I hung out with my college buddies, Brittany and Stephanie!  It was great to see them and get the triumvirate together again!

Friday (May 18th), I had a relaxing lunch with my godmother, Aunt Judy, and spent a little time with my Grandma B, and then had homemade ravioli at my Aunt Mary and Uncle Caz's, with my parents, Aunt Cissy, Aunt Joanne, and the other matriarch, Grandma A!  Homemade ravioli? Perfection!!

Saturday was my nieces' (Charlotte and Amelia's) birthday party! Fun was had by all! It was fantastic to see all my beautiful nieces!!

Sunday was Matt's first mass and reception!  It was so fun to see everyone and be there to share in Matt's happiness and vocation!! It really is humbling (and cool!) to see such a young man on fire for Lord!

That brings me to today, Monday, May 21st.  I boarded a plane this morning and am back in Sac before dinner!  (Modern technology is great!)

I've been so blessed (and am so grateful) to have such wonderful family and friends, and I got to see them all!!  It's been a blast!

Tomorrow is Anne's birthday and a talent show at Friendship Park! (Work, I've been told, was hectic this past week, because myself, Krystal, and the Americorps were all gone!)  It will be good to go back!

Alright, I promise to get back on schedule now, but I wanted to write all that down first!

No comments:

Post a Comment